Grilled Artichoke Smothered in Baker’s Bacon, Lemon and Tomato
Created By Chef Tony Baker, Montrio Bistro, Monterey, CA
Portion Size: 1 or . Large Artichoke
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
This is a great dish that is hugely satisfying! It doesn’t get any better than
artichokes and Baker’s bacon; with a little garlic, tomato and lemon juice this is a
real crowd pleaser.
4 ea Large Artichokes, cooked whole
6 ea Thick sliced Baker’s Back Bacon
3 ea Tomatoes
1/4 ea Red Onion, sliced
2 ea Lemons, juiced (approx 1/3 cup)
2 ea Garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 cup Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre-cook the artichokes by either steaming, pressure cooking or boiling, go to www.oceanmistfarms.com for recipes and how to videos.
2. Slice the artichoke in half and rub with a little olive oil, pre heat the grill.
3. Cut the back bacon into thin strips.
4. In a large sauté pan gently sauté the bacon until it starts to get color.
5. Add the sliced onions and chopped garlic
6. Add the olive oil and lemon juice
7. Quarter the tomatoes, de-seed and cut into strips
8. Add the tomatoes and remove from heat
9. Grill the artichokes on each side and serve
10. Smother with the smoky bacon goodness and enjoy
Download the Recipe: (Artichoke Fennel Salad)