12 oz Ocean Mist Farms Spinach picked and washed
1/2 ea Radicchio Lettuce, chopped
8 oz Red Fingerling Potatoes, blanched and quartered
12 ea Ocean Mist Farms Baby Artichokes, cooked and quartered
2 ea pomegranates (one for seeds, one juiced)
8 oz Baker’s Double Smoked Bacon, Slab
1/2 ea small Onion, sliced
1 clove Garlic, shaved
1/8 cup Sherry Vinegar
1/8 cup Pale Dry Sherry
1/8 cup Olive Oil
2 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese, Shaved
Salt and Pepper
This is a banging colorful salad for a chilly day, warm crispy smoked bacon, baby artichokes, meaty potatoes and the sweet pop of pomegranates complement one another nicely.
• Slice and cut the bacon into strips, add cold water and bring to a boil, strain then add to a sauté pan, cook on medium heat until golden and slightly crispy. Strain reserving the fat.
• In the same pan, heat about half of the remaining bacon fat.
• Add the potatoes, artichokes, garlic and onions and sauté until a little caramelized
• Add the sherry vinegar, sherry, olive oil, . cup pomegranate juice,
radicchio, bacon salt and pepper then toss.
• Remove from the heat and place in a large bowl.
• Add the spinach and pomegranate seeds to the hot mixture and serve.
• Finish with freshly shaved Pecorino cheese and extra pomegranate seeds
Chef Tony Baker, Baker’s Bacon, Monterey CA