Back Bacon & Pineapple Stir Fried Rice
This recipe uses Baker’s Bacon Back Bacon and is prepared by our friend acclaimed Chef Elizabeth Falkner. It was featured in the Baker's Bacon subscription box for October 2020.Celebrated chef,Elizabeth Falkner worked her way up in kitchens in San Francisco in the 1990’s and ran several restaurants through 2014. Today she does recipe development and consults for numerous products and brands. Now living in NY, she is an author of 3 cookbooks and an upcoming memoir.
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil (or sub vegetable oil)
- 1/2 ea chopped white onion (or sub 4 chopped scallions)
- 3 ea garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2" peeled ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp minced Fresno chili (or jalapeño chili)
- 1/4 cup chopped celtuce (or sub bok choy, or gai lan, or broccoli)
- 3/2 cup shredded purple cabbage (or other cabbage)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup medium diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp Shao Xing Chinese cooking wine or Sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp Chinese hot chili oil
- 2-4 stems cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tsp black vinegar
- In a wok or large sauté pan on high heat, add the oil. Add the chopped onion and stir.
- Add the Baker’s Back Bacon, minced garlic and ginger, chili, the celtuce or other green vegetable, and cabbage along with a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pineapple and then the cooking wine, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add the cooked rice and stir. Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- Finish with the chili oil and serve with cilantro on top.