Back Bacon & Pineapple Stir Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil (or sub vegetable oil)
- 1/2 ea chopped white onion (or sub 4 chopped scallions)
- 3 ea garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2" peeled ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp minced Fresno chili (or jalapeño chili)
- 1/4 cup chopped celtuce (or sub bok choy, or gai lan, or broccoli)
- 3/2 cup shredded purple cabbage (or other cabbage)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup medium diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp Shao Xing Chinese cooking wine or Sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp Chinese hot chili oil
- 2-4 stems cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tsp black vinegar
- In a wok or large sauté pan on high heat, add the oil. Add the chopped onion and stir.
- Add the Baker’s Back Bacon, minced garlic and ginger, chili, the celtuce or other green vegetable, and cabbage along with a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pineapple and then the cooking wine, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Add the cooked rice and stir. Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- Finish with the chili oil and serve with cilantro on top.
Chef Elizabeth Falkner
Celebrated chef, Elizabeth Falkner worked her way up in kitchens in San Francisco in the 1990’s and ran several restaurants through 2014. Today she does recipe development and consults for numerous products and brands. Now living in NY, she is an author of 3 cookbooks and an upcoming memoir.
Cooking competitions are a favorite “sport” for Chef Falkner. She has appeared on over 40 of the television cooking competition programs on Food Network, Cooking Channel, and Bravo, NBC, as well as made appearances on many other shows. She relentlessly cooks for charity events and Food & Wine Festivals all over. Falkner does both savory and sweet, traditional and modern. She is an advocate for people and chefs to think more like athletes and “stay fit to cook”. After playing soccer for 28 years, she picked up sword fighting fitness and martial arts, yoga, pilates and running distance races. She ran her first marathon, the NY Marathon in 2016. In May 2019 Falkner rode 300 miles in Chefs Cycle for No Kid Hungry raising money for kids and will do it again in Bend, Oregon in 2021.
A graduate from San Francisco Art Institute with a BFA in film, Falkner has produced two short films with food themes in 2018; “Food Games-Sustainability” and a documented performance piece called “Croquembouche Samurai” performed at SoHo House in NYC.
During the Covid 19 pandemic, Falkner is in the process of hosting and co-producing a documentary about the state of the restaurants and chefs during the fallout.
BUY BACON ONLINE
Baker’s Bacon makes every dish better – whether you need bacon for this recipe, or you’re inventing your own dish, don’t forget to bring home the bacon with convenient delivery right to your door! Select your cut below and check out on our convenient online store.
Want bacon delivered to your door every month, with FREE SHIPPING? Try out our Bacon Club, available for monthly, 3-month, or 6-month boxes of bacon, merchandise, and members-only exclusive recipes!
Thick Sliced Double
Sous Vide Bacon
Thick Sliced Uncured
Bacon Slab (2 lbs)
Smoked Slab Bacon (2lb)