Brûléed Bacon Pineapple Upside Down "Cake"
From the Baker’s Bacon Test Kitchen. This is a great take on a baked French toast. If you believe that pineapple belongs on pizza, this breakfast recipe is for you!
- 1 tbsp Blend Oil
- 12 oz Baker's Bacon Back Bacon diced into ½” cubes
- 6-8 slices of San Luis Sourdough Cracked Wheat Bread or sliced sourdough of your choice diced into 1” pieces.
- 1 20oz large can Crushed Pineapple
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 T Flour
- 1.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- Sear the back bacon with the blend oil in a heavy bottom pan until fully cooked. Remove from pan.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add bread, cook until crusty.
- Combine the crushed pineapple, four, ½ cup brown sugar and eggs, and pour over bread and bacon.
- Butter the casserole pan
- * Optional bonus, spread caramel topping on the bottom of the buttered pan and add cubes of bacon before adding the bread mix)
- Spread bread cubes and cooked Back Bacon in a buttered casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and flip out of pan
- Put ½ cup brown sugar on the top and brûlée, let sit 5-8 mins and spread another ½ cup brown sugar on and brûlée again.