Roasted Slab of Baker’s Bacon & Apricot Chutney
- 1 Pound Baker’s Bacon Double Smoked Bacon Slab
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 ea Jalapeno small diced
- 1 ea Shallot / Small White Onion small diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots dried
- 1 Jar Apricot Jam/ Jelly
- 2 tsp whole yellow mustard seed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Combined jalapeno, onions, and garlic in a sauté pan and cook until translucent. Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10-15 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
- In a nonstick roasting pan, place bacon and top with the chutney.
- Place in the oven, cook for approx. 2 hours , every 30 minutes basting the bacon with the chutney in the pan.
- Served with creamy polenta and braised green