California Dates with Baker’s Bacon
- 3 lbs medjool dates
- ½ lb Baker’s Bacon
- 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions
- ¼ bunch Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 oz unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper for finishing
Prepare the dates and the aromatics:
- Cut the dates in half and remove the seed
- Thinly slice the garlic and scallions
- Thinly slice the parsley and set aside for the final garnish
- Lastly slice the bacon into nice little strips
- You will need a medium sized sauté pan for this, a non-stick would work the best. Start at medium heat and add bacon to the dry pan.
- Let the bacon render its fat and become crispy.
- Add the garlic and the scallions, and cook until tender.
- Add the chili flake, if you like spice you can always add more at the end.
- Toast the chili flakes for about a minute and then add the dates.
- Cook the dates until they begin to soften up.
- To finish squeeze the juice of one lemon and deglaze all the good stuff on the pan.
- Do a final seasoning and finish with the fresh Italian parsley.
BUY BACON ONLINE
Baker’s Bacon makes every dish better – whether you need bacon for this recipe, or you’re inventing your own dish, don’t forget to bring home the bacon with convenient delivery right to your door! Select your cut below and check out on our convenient online store.
Want bacon delivered to your door every month, with FREE SHIPPING? Try out our Bacon Club, available for monthly, 3-month, or 6-month boxes of bacon, merchandise, and members-only exclusive recipes!
Thick Sliced Double
Sous Vide Bacon
Thick Sliced Uncured
Bacon Slab (2 lbs)
Smoked Slab Bacon (2lb)